Cruachan DV Extreme Smock
- Product code:
- Fully waterproof. Fully featured.
- An extreme weather double-layered Ventile® smock with multiple pockets and reinforced for increased wear resistance.
- Premium colours cost £20 extra
This is a fully featured Double Ventile® smock designed for extreme weather. The backs of the arms, elbows and shoulder areas are reinforced for increased wear resistance when carrying heavy rucksacks or skis.
This windshirt's waist, hood and hem are easily adjusted by drawcord, to protect from the ravages of weather, and side vent zippers provide for extra ventilation and make for easy removal of the garment. The Cruachan features multiple pockets for storage of maps and all sorts of bits and pieces.
The Cruachan Smock is named after the iconic Ben Cruachan (Gaelic: Cruach na Beinne) - a 1126m mountain that is the highest point in Argyll and Bute, Scotland. Cruachan! is the Battle cry for the Highland clans Campbell and MacIntyre. Find out more in our Glossary.
"I can tell you that the Cruachan smock is warm...and very well thought out." Read one Hilltrek customer's review of the Cruachan Smock in our Blog.
This is the ideal smock for a range of cold weather activities including winter mountaineering (not least the Cruachan Horseshoe). Consider the Liathach Extreme Smock for a similar garment in our Cotton Analogy® material.
- Integrated hood with volume adjuster
- Wired peak and drawcord
- Reinforced shoulders
- Reinforced elbows
- Large zipped map pocket and full width flap
- Two zipped hand-warmer pocket and flaps
- Two zipped chest compass pockets with flaps
- Scooped hem with drawcord
- Drawcord waist
- Side zips
- Longer length smock
- Front storm flap with studs
- Adjustable cuffs with Velcro tabs
- L24 Double Ventile®
- YKK zips used throughout
- Weight: L24 Medium 3lbs 2oz (1400g)
- Weight: L19 Medium 3lbs 10oz (1640g)
Customise your smock
The following options are available to customise your garment (supplements apply):
- Premium colours
- L19 Ventile®
- Non-standard sleeve length
- Non-standard length