Our new Ladies Single Ventile trousers were developed for an innovative performance project 'Into the mountain', which is inspired by Nan Shepherd's seminal mountain book 'The Living Mountain' . The trousers were worn by the dancers performing Simone Kenyon's work.
The trousers for the dancers' performance share many of the same requirements that you would wish for in outdoor trousers. First and foremost, they had to be specifically designed for a women's fit, be comfortable to wear and allow for plenty of movement - equally important whether you are dancing or climbing a hill! The trousers also needed to be suitable for the mountain environment - made from a quiet, low rustle fabric that's tough, practical, wind and showerproof. Choosing Single Ventile fabric was the natural choice.
Into The Mountain is a new place sensitive performance project by artist and choreographer Simone Kenyon created and produced by the Scottish Sculpture Workshop(SSW) in Lumsden. We were very pleased to contribute to this exciting initiative.
For more information on the project and how you can attend the productions throughout the year visit the Scottish Sculpture Workshop's website here> (opens in new window)
Take a closer look at our Ladies Single Ventile Trousers here
Continuing our tradition of naming our clothing after iconic Scottish mountains and places, we're running a competition to name our new ladies Ventile trousers. So let us know your suggestions, along with a description and maybe a couple of your own photos, telling us why you have been inspired by this name and what makes it ideal for this great new product.
Each entrant will receive a 10% off voucher* to be used before 31st December 2019 and the winner will receive a pair of our new Ladies Ventile Trousers worth £155. We look forward to hearing from you!
Competition terms and conditions.
- Entries need to include your own name and your suggested name for the trousers, along with why you are inspired by this name and what makes it ideal for the trousers. If you wish, include a couple of your own photos to help tell the story.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You agree that we can use your name, description and photos on the Hilltrek website and other advertising material as part of promoting the new smock (we won't pass your email to any third parties).
- All entrants will receive a 10% off voucher to be used before 31st December 2019 (*note voucher cannot be used in conjunction with another offer or with our Made to Measure service)
- Winner will receive a pair of the Ladies Ventile Trousers worth £155 - last date for entries 29th September 2019
- The winner will be announced on the Hilltrek website and social media before 30th September 2019; Hilltrek's decision is final.